In the last posts, Derawan Islands are included Derawan, Sangalaki, Maratua and Kakaban islands. Kakaban was no anybody live in there.
Stay at Derawan
1) Derawan Dive Resort—One of the biggest and oldest resort. We stayed here for 6 nights. The staffs are nice and friendly. Where have air-con very cold round whole day, shower very good have warm water also.Everything is good. But seriously, the room is really old, included breakfast was very bad. Don’t expect too much, you just sleep a few hours then go out. Cause compare other resorts the price is cheapest man!
Website : www.divederawan.com
Email : email@example.com
2) Derawan Dive Lodge—Since 2011, Is managed by Manado’s famous dive shop Tasik Divers. The special tour package is including 3 times to other islands. 3 tanks per day.
I sent email to ask details before. She said out of service. Will refer us to their partner Lapauta Derawan Resort. There are being rebuilt. Because of fire disaster. The news from net that I known. From my email, 4 Night / 5 days diving full board package rate is USD 1050/person twin share. Package include Accommodation in Deluxe Room. Send email to ask details below.
Website : www.derawandivelodge.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Lapauta Derawan Resort—Up to 3 guided day-dives per day by boat, with cylinders and weights, Breakfast, lunch and dinner (lunch served on-board dive boat). Airport transfers, Tips, extras (drinks, national park entrance fee, equipment rentals, night-dives, laundry service) Round trip airport transfer from Berau to Derawan is USD 70/person. Above from my mail, the cost almost same like with Derawan Dive Lodge I think. Send email to ask details below.
Website : www.lapautaderawanresort.com
Email : email@example.com
4) Fisheries Eco Villa—My friends stayed 5 nights. They commented no hot water shower. Breakfast horrible. Air-con didn’t feel cold. Room rate more expensive little bit than us. And transportation including round trip, cheaper than Derawan Dive Resort. Send email to ask details below.
Website : www.fisheries-ecovilla.com
Stay at Maratua
1) Nabucco Island Resort—From long year ago, is old resort. Build on another island in Maratua. Many Taiwanese tourist choose here. Send email to ask details below.
Website : wps.nabuccoislandresort.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Nabucco’s Nunukan Island Resort—Same owner with Nabucco Island Resort and price list also. Send email to ask details below.
Website : www.nunukan-island.com
Email : email@example.com
3) Maratua Paradise Resort—Package trip just including 1 time to another island, if you want join again, have to pay extra fee. But did not go to Derawan. Send email to ask details below.
Website : maratua.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay at Sangalaki
1) Sangalaki Resort—Sorry that, I don’t know more details. Click the website below, send a contact form ask details.
Website : sangalakiresort.net
In summary, we recommend stay at Derawan. Where have village at the Main Street. Some stores and restaurants more than other islands. The local people are very friendly. Somehow more lively at night. And you can ask locals where can buy the beer. (Store is selling RP25000/Resort RP30000 per small can.) We knew somewhere but cannot tell you. Sorry guys🤐
And Derawan have many homestay. If you are backpacker, which is the best choice. However you just arrival.